For those of you who know us, you know we love a great book. And when you get us talking about said great book you really can't shut us up! You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero is so chock full of good stuff we often spent more than an hour discussing the book in our weekly Book Club discussions. It's one of those books that really can
These are some of the key points we took away from this book:
- You need to love yourself, no matter what. It'll make everything in your life so much better when you love and appreciate yourself. Plus you totally deserve the love you give to yourself. Don't deny yourself that love.
- You are the one in control of your life, your joy, your misery. While some of the things that have caused you to experience pain or to have issues are not your fault - it is your fault if you let those things control you after you've experienced them.
- Our perceptions of ourselves and our lives is 100% true. You can believe you are a bad ass who is going places or a sucky loser who will never get anywhere, either way you are right and it takes the same amount of time and energy to believe either.
- You need to get out of your comfort zone. Nobody accomplishes greatness from their couch scanning what's new on Netflix. And those same people who created something new or did something incredible, never cared what anyone else thought about them. Even if people thought they were absolutely mad.
- The more you learn to give time or money, the more you will recieve. That's karma Bitch.
- Stop clinging to our false beliefs and stories around the only way to get something done and take a moment to breath and see what other possibilities there might be. There is no straight line to success or any black and white answers on how to become a bad ass.
- Fear is a habit, we can choose to continue fear or choose a new habit. Fear isn't going anywhere but we can choose how much control it has over our decisions in life.
You are a Bad Ass by Jen Sincero is a guide to self improvement that has comic relief, step by step actions to take and a personal journey that gives you the sense she knows what she is talking about. Please read this book when you are open to new habits, positive transformation and want to kick some ass. You can find our live reviews of the book by joining our facebook group, The Business Hive Academy.
Want in on the next book? Get the details here: The B Hive Academy Book Club